The Midwest Clown Association is pleased to offer a special training program for our Junior clowns, called Jr. Joeys. Those registering for the Jr. Joey program must be between the ages of 8 and 15 years of age no later than September 1 of the year involved. All Jr. Joeys will be eligible for a discounted registration fee provided the Jr. Joey funds are available for this discount in any particular year. If the funds are not available, then the fee for Jr. Joeys will be the lowest offered early adult registration cost, no matter when the Jr. Joey Registration is sent in.
In 2010, the Midwest Clown Association is offering a 50% discount fee for each Jr. Joey registering, which is the cost of $55 to be paid by the Jr. Joey and the additional $55 will be paid by the MCA. Please fill out the information form below and return it to the Registration Officer of the host alley for 2010: Lynda Hayhurst, 23 Aster St, Dyer, IN 46311. The Registration Officer will then forward copies of all registration forms to the Jr. Joey Coordinators and the current Chief Joey so that a fun and educational schedule can be set up to meet all levels of your clowning abilities and needs.
At the end of this information form is a list of supplies that will be helpful for you to bring when attending the Jr. Joey program. Please note that some Jr. Joeys will have some experience in clowning but that is not a required as this is a training program to encourage our Juniors. There will be instruction in makeup, costuming, and character development for all levels, but you are invited to bring your clown things if you already have them. There will be a Dealers Room with supplies available at the Roundup.
What type of clown are you?
____ Not Sure
Have you applied your own make-up? (This in not a requirement) Yes_____No_____
How long have you been clowning _____________
Have you attended an Annual Midwest Clown Association Convention? Yes_____No_____
What previous training have you had and where? ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
What current clown skills do you have? (balloons sculpturing, face painting, juggling, etc., if any)_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Additional information you would like us to know about you (hobbies, sports, or other interests)__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
What new skills would you like to learn or current skills would you like more instruction on?_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Why do you want to be a Clown?______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. **Carrying Case (must have) - a cosmetic case or tackle box works great
2. **Head band & pony tail holder - to keep hair off face and neck
3. **Self-standing mirror 7 to 10 inches & magnified on one side if you wear glasses
4. **Towel, Face Cloths or Baby wipes
5. Paper Towels
6. **Q Tips or cotton swabs
7. **Sponge tip applicators
8. **Triangle makeup sponges
9. Large Brush for powder (man’s shaving brush works well)
10. Med Blush Brush
11. 1/4 inch makeup brush
12. Liner makeup brush or size ‘0' craft brush
13. **Waterproof Mascara and Eyeliner (black)
14. **Baby Powder (Johnson & Johnson only, without cornstarch) or Mehron theatrical setting powder
15. Large Powder Puff or clean old thin tube sox & rubber band
16. **Baby Oil or shampoo, or Ponds Cold Cream, or Pre soaped disposable facial cloths (Olay, Pond, Equate)
17. **Disposable camera - (optional) to take pictures after each face to document what you did so you can duplicate it again
18. Clown Makeup - Each Jr. Joey will receive a fresh makeup palette, brush, and makeup pencil. You are welcome to bring additional makeup if you have it but this in not a requirement.
19. Costume - There will be a Jr. Joey Showcase and Optional Makeup and Wardrobe Competition so you are welcome to bring your costume if you have one. This is not a requirement for the Jr. Joey training program and we will study costuming and accessories to help you put together a clown wardrobe for the Jr. Joey events.
20. Wig and accessories for Costume - Again this is not a requirement that must be bought before the Jr. Joey program begins. We will learn types of makeup, wardrobe requirements, and you will have an opportunity to purchase items from the Dealer’s Room if you do not have a wig and accessories already.
** these items will not be available in the Vendor Room and should be brought with you
NOTE: Each Jr. Joey must have their own makeup - no sharing with siblings. The Midwest Clown Association will provide a fresh makeup palette, brush, and makeup pencil for each child. You are welcome to bring your won additional makeup if you have it but this is not a requirement.